Saturday, June 20, 2009

More Important Than the Wedding

Flipping through channels last night, I ended up watching 'Bridezilla.'  One woman used a whistle (yes, a whistle) to command people's attention, yell at them, and order them around.  Another took her poor fiance to dance lessons till 1am.  Ok, it is TV, and probably the worst of the worse.  But whenever things aren't going the why I 'planned' or I have to make comprises because of a tight budget, I remember why I'm doing this.  

Because I'm marrying the person I love!!!
With that prospective, the rest- the wedding, the party, the reception, the honeymoon... they're all icing on the (wedding) cake of life.  Here is a free way to stress less when things don't go as planned or you ha
ve to cut costs.  Just remember- you
're marrying this wonderful person.

Whenever I get stressed about a tight budget, I just try to remember what I'm getting, no matter if we have centerpieces or not.






My Fiance...




He's weird, and he's mine!
  • Makes me dinner when I come home tired and hungry from work.
  • Does the dishes when I'm too tired (even if he cooked dinner).
  • Let's me keep another cat.
  • Keeps trying to teach me how to maintain my car, even though I'm terrible at checking the air and changing tires.
  • Doesn't get upset when I'm uber-cranky because I'm hungry.  He'll even get me a snack.
  • Listens to me when we argue, and always ends fighting by hugging and making up.
  • Does the heavy lifting, kills the bugs, and gets the glasses on the high shelf.
  • Indulges me- whether it's getting me Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide ice cream at 11pm or driving over an hour to my favorite restaurant for my birthday.
  • Love me and is there to support me- no matter what.  Lucky me.    

Craig, being useful.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on what helps you un-stress about your wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment